We are so glad that you have joined our St Matthew’s family – we can’t wait to meet you all.
Below you will find our ‘Welcome To Reception’ video and many other useful links to additional information. Don’t hesitate to ring the school office if you have any queries!
A few reminders for your child starting at St Matthew’s
- Please ensure that your child is on time for school. We open our doors at 9:10am and registration is at 9:25am (children arriving after this time will receive a late mark).
- Please ensure you are on time to pick your child up from school, the Reception home time is 3:10pm, you will be greeted at the front gate by a senior member of staff and brought round to the Reception gate to collect your child.
- Ensure all uniform is labelled with your child’s full name (including shoes and coats).
- Your child will be provided with a healthy snack.
- You can bring in a water bottle in, filled with water no juice please.
- We spend lots of our time outdoors so please feel free to leave wellies and raincoats in school for the colder months – again please clearly label these items.
- Your child will be given a reading book and phonics pack every week. Please work through this at home and bring it back to school everyday.
- Please ensure you check SEESAW for all other information, photographs and announcements.
Important documents for our new families
Download: Reception Parents Welcome Meeting 2021 [PDF]
Download: Reception Information Booklet 2021-2022 [PDF]
Download: Welcome Letter – Mrs Sime [PDF]
Download: Pupil Premium – Covering Letter [PDF]
Download: School Meals – Food Allergy, Intolerances and Special Diets Procedure [PDF]
Download: Positive-Behaviour-Policy (1) [PDF]
Download: Term Dates 2021-22 [PDF]
Download: School Uniform & Presentation Policy [PDF]